A Lume Cube has 10 manual brightness settings that change in increments of 150 lumens. The brightest setting maxes out at 1500 lumens.
Lume cubes are 1.5 cubic inches in size. One Lume Cube weighs 3.5 ounces.
Open the Lume Cube App, after turning the unit on you will be prompted by a pop-up to register.
Enter the serial number found on your box or in your quick start guide (located in the original package)
Enter your name and email address.
If you have trouble, ensure you are connected to a wireless network and do not have a firewall enabled.
You can easily connect to Bluetooth via the Lume Cube App. Please note you do not connect via the native settings on your smartphone as you might have experienced with a Bluetooth speaker.
– Press the right button on the top of the cube while the lens is pointed away from you.
– You will see a brief flash that indicated you have activated the Bluetooth.
– Open your Lume Cube App and look for the lightning bolt in the upper left corner.
– If the Lightning Bolt is blinking, you are not connected. Please ensure your Bluetooth is enabled on your phone.
– If the Lighting Bolt is solid blue, you have successfully connected your cube to your smartphone.
You can select different brightness settings through the app, 1%-100%. The duration of time you would like the Lume Cube to be on can be set as well. Through the duration feature, you can also select different strobe speeds. Viewable from the app is the battery life and signal connectivity of your Lume Cubes to the app. The red eye sensor and the optical sensor features can also be turned on and off via the app.
Yes, the 2 buttons on the top of your Lume Cube are the manual controls. Always control the Lume Cube while the lens is pointed away from you.
– Turns on the constant video light.
– Click multiple times to cycle through the 10 brightness settings.
– Hold for five seconds to shut down the cube.
– 1 click activates the Bluetooth.
– 5 second hold activates the optical sensor.
– 1 click turns off the constant video light.
Your optical sensor is turned on and responding to the change in ambient light as you handle your cube. To turn this off, press and hold the right button for 5 seconds, while the cube is pointed away from you. The optical sensor feature will now be turned off.
First, download the Lume Cube App. Once downloaded, it will request that you register your (Lume Cubes). After registering your Lume Cube, you can use the app to change the settings for the cubes brightness as well as duration. Using the camera through the app will cause the Lume Cube to act as an external flash unit. To use as a external slave flash, active the optical sensor feature.
– To manually turn on the optical sensor, press and hold the right button located on top of the Lume Cube for 5 seconds.
– The feature can be turned on and off via the Lume Cube App.
The purpose of the optical sensor is to use the unit as an external slave flash. The sensor is triggered when detecting a change in ambient light. When triggered, the Lume Cube will flash immediately. This feature is very useful and popular in the photography industry. It is widely used as a fill light.
– The micro USB charging port is located under the waterproof screw in cap on the back of the cube.
– Unscrew the waterproof screw in cap to access the charging port.
– For maximum charge leave on charger for 60-90 minutes.
– Blinking red lights below the buttons indicate a low battery.
– Blinking red light also indicates the unit is charging.
– Blinking red light turns off when the unit is fully charged.
Internal, non-replaceable Li-Ion Polymer rechargeable battery.
On a full charge at maximum brightness, the Lume Cube will last up to 30 minutes. At 50% brightness, your Lume Cube will last 2 hours.
– The one and only piece you have to worry about is the waterproof screw cap located at the back of the unit. Always ensure this is properly installed and tight before any use in water.
– BEFORE you expose the Lume Cube to water, ensure the screw cap is tightened completely.
– There is also a rubber gasket on the thread side of the screw cap. Ensure this is present, clean, and free from any debris.
Your Lume Cube is waterproof up to 100ft. Set your brightness setting prior to your dive as the buttons are spring loaded and may compress at depths below 50ft-60ft causing the buttons to be unresponsive. Always ensure the back screw cap is properly tightened to avoid water leaking into the Lume Cube.
– The Lume Cube is a high-powered LED that will emit heat.
– The cube has an internal heat sensor that will shut the unit down when it reaches its maximum internal heat to ensure no internal or external damage occurs.
QUICK START GUIDE